Sunday 14 February 2016

In which yarn is beginning to take over...

I'm normally a neat person. I like everything neat and tidy; I like knowing where everything is and being able to find what I need at a moment's notice. But yarn... I can't figure out how to keep it contained. I have 4 big brown bags stuffed with yarn sitting in the corner of my room. My knitting bag is hanging on the closet doorknob. My roll top desk is open, and there's a ball of yarn, a swatch for a sweater, a knitted scarf, probably 7 sets of knitting needles for knitting swatches for said sweater, 2 versions of the same sweater pattern because my darn printer cut off the top and bottom lines of each page (I am ignoring the fact that that is probably my fault for not setting the correct sizing option... clearly it's the printer's fault), on the floor I have a second swatch blocking, there's 2 pairs of finished socks (1 needs the ends woven in) as well as 2 more balls of sock yarn on my dresser. I even have a sweater pattern sitting on my nightstand. And that's just the beginning of the mess in here. There's a whole bunch of other stuff that is not yarn related, and we are not going to go into that.

At any rate, I plan on using Family Day tomorrow to straighten things out, but obviously to also spend numerous hours knitting, guilt free.

Family Day is such a weird holiday for me. Really. When you have 4 siblings, have been homeschooled your whole life, and still live at home, every day is family day. I'd rather have a non-family day holiday. In my head this non-family day consists of sleeping in, then spending the morning in pjs, drinking tea (or more likely, hot chocolate) and maybe having tasty banana bread for breakfast, or blueberry muffins, then leisurely knitting by the fire. And the rest of the day would probably go on in the same fashion. Although adding some Downton Abbey into the mix would be a good idea.

Now that I think of it... that's basically what I'm going to do anyways. Minus the fire and muffins. I'll be holed up in my room and eating mushy fig bars. But the rest if pretty accurate... Now if only I could turn off my internal clock, which insists on waking me up at 8 at the latest. Even on days when I have time to sleep in...

No comments:

Post a Comment