Tuesday 23 February 2016

Knitting, knitting, endless knitting...

It really is endless....Leaves of Grass is sloooooow going. I think it's growing, it has to be. I'm crossing off rows on the chart, and the yarn is disappearing at a rapid rate, but I'm not seeing the shawl growing. It's just an endless row after endless row. I haven't broken from my knitting monogamy. Not really. Well... maybe.

Confession time: I bought more yarn. I bought yarn for the Afmæli sweater and for the Maude cardigan. For Afmæli I bought the suggested yarn, in the lovely rainbow colours. For Maude my initial plan had been to use the Quince & Co. Owl in either cranberry or hemlock, but the cost was prohibitive. So instead I headed over to my local yarn shop (dragging my sister along for company), and purchased Rowan pure wool superwash worsted in electric. I did knit a few swatches, and even cast on, but it wasn't working out for me, so I ripped it out, and went back to my monogamous ways. Clearly the whole multiple works-in-progress thing wasn't going to work out for me. Not this time. At any rate, after the shawl that gives me two sweaters and a pair of socks to make.

Also, Family Day, not much knitting was done. Much to my surprise. I had planned on knitting, but it ended up being cleaning day. However, I ended up being incredibly bored (and I still didn't know... don't ask, I'm not sure what was wrong with me) and I did start planning out some Christmas gifts for this year. I'm quite proud of it actually. A nice, detailed spreadsheet, with the patterns linked, along with an idea of pricing and what yarn and how much yarn I'll need. Seems early, but with the patterns I have in mind, I'll need the time. And I need to be able to budget for it too. I'm a self professed yarn snob, and I don't like working with cheap, crappy yarn, so things can get pricey fast. At any rate, if I stick to my plans, I'll be a colour-work whiz by 2017! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment